Energy Institutional Infrastructure focuses on the growth, efficacy and performance gaps, and the way forward for global, regional, national, and local institutional mechanisms in converging the three pillars of sustainable development–economy, environment and society. The following areas are covered:
- Reform of global environmental governance (UN System) and its institutional architecture at the national, regional, and local levels.
- Political commitment for the implementation of sustainable development.
- The role and performance of environmental, non-governmental organizations at various levels.
- Participation of business organizations in implementing sustainable development projects and protecting the environment.
- The role and performance of research and educational institutions.
- Institutional structural changes, dynamics and barriers to implementing renewable energy projects especially pertaining to poverty eradication and the Millennium Development Goals.