World Forum E3 – Call for Papers
The IRFD World Forum on Energy, Economy, and Environment (WFE3) focuses on examining interlocking connections between these three for sustainable development.
In this regard, the International Research Foundation for Development (IRFD) provides a platform to discuss critical issues pertaining to the scientific environment of energy technology innovations, energy politics, safety, public policies and strategies. IRFD draws special attention to the challenges of converging the economy, environment, and society as three major pillars of sustainable development in the context of the current global economic crisis and political tension.
WFE3 mobilizes concerned stakeholders (scientific community, policy makers, energy inventors and investors, practioners, political community and civil society) to shed light on the objectives and themes of the Rio+20 set by the General Assembly resolution 64/236.
1. Securing renewed political commitment for sustainable development;
2. Assessing the progress to date and remaining gaps in implementation of the outcomes of the major summits on sustainable development; and
3. Addressing new and emerging challenges.
Main themes outlined in the GA resolution:
1. Green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty reduction; and
2. Institutional framework of sustainable development (United Nations A/CONF.216/PC/2).
IRFD invites all stakeholders to bring new innovative ideas, best practices, research findings, and analysis to present to this platform and to build partnerships that contribute to the future green economy and sustainable society.
For detailed thematic information, follow the themes listed in the Forum Themes menu above.
To find out more about how you can participate in the WFE3, use the menu on the top of this page.
IRFD, Inc. is a registered 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization in Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC)